CV Retail: Java Web Developer
Location: London (central)
Approx salary: £35,000pa
Benefits: Health insurance and pension plan (after two years service)
Job Status: Full Time Permanent
Start Date: By year-end
Role: Broad-skilled web developer to work in a small team on the ongoing design and development of an established web application.
The successful applicant will have proven competency in the Core Skills listed below, but must also show willingness to be involved in all stages of the software development lifecycle and be able to take complete ownership of tasks assigned to them.
Due to the small size of the client, the successful applicant will need to take a hands-on approach to the job, but will have many opportunities to influence their role and career path within the company.
Applicants with working knowledge of AJAX and web services who can lead the development team in these areas will gain extra recognition during the recruitment process.
– 3 years commercial software development
– HTML / CSS
– Java / J2EE / JSP
Example tasks might include:
– Overhauling the look and feel of our online accounting website:- Needs all new CSS and navigation and the integration of this with existing JSP web-pages – probably a 3 month job in itself
– Bug fixing/enhancing existing data entry and reporting pages within CounterBooks
– Adding new financial reports to the CounterBooks system – this would normally involve getting a verbal spec from the MD, turning that into a formal spec document and then writing the code for it, including database data retrieval.
– Updating our corporate website with new designs and / or content, and maybe implementing a CMS to allow our marketing staff to do future page updates
– Adding new back-office management pages to our suite of existing pages that are used for setting up new clients, accounts etc.
– Analysing the benefits of introducing newer technologies such as AJAX or any of the other frameworks into our development process
– Other tasks we have outstanding such as migrating our content management system into SVN, setting up web services to extract data from some of our partner’s systems etc, all depending upon the skills and experience of the recruit.
Please send CV’s and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org